MBB - Theme of the Week

by Jevin On 8:11 PM
Hola.. Sup?? This week I shall be reviewing something. Since tomorrow I will be camping with my friends, I shall talk about that. A review about Camping.

I think during everyone's life, there comes a moment when their family/friends decide to go camping. Yeah I know some people might be saying "Nope not me", but sooner or later it gets to us all.

One - Definition of Camping

Camping mostly means going away from the civilization. Living under a tent, with minimalist stuff like a petrol lamp, some chicken marinated in whatever there is, a lot a lot of beers, a guitar, kitchen utensils, wood and other stuff. Thinking of it thats not minimalist. Anyway, since most people tend to go camping in the woods and end up (according to rumors) being devoured by mystic demons. Therefore now most people tend to go camping at places where everyone goes. This kind of ruins it, right?

Two - The Safe Camping Solution

Well the solution is simple. Rent a house someplace "far" from the civilization. Here in Mauritius there is one such place called Flic en Flac. This is kind of a fun village. Flic en Flac has a public beach too. This makes it ideal. Many people rent bungalows there. This exactly what my friends and I do.. Every six months.. Yay.. It kicks ass.. I know.. Yeah.. Okay.. I stop..

Three - The Coming Out (Convincing Mommy)

Yeah that's the big part. Convincing your parents to let you go camping is not that easy. At least for the first time. To be honest, it wasn't easy for me too. My mom would never let her son go out at night. My dad was on my side, but convincing mommy isn't that trivial. The key here is patience and proof.

Moms are very intricate creatures. During most of my teenage years, I tried to understand her ways. She had her reasons and they were genuine.. And right. That's why I could never persuade her. But then I grew up and I realized that if I proved that I was mature enough, she might let me go out with friends. I had to be very patient with this but in the end it paid off. Before, I wouldn't be allowed to go out at night and now I am allowed to take the car and attend a Metal concert at night. Youhouuu... Love you mom and dad..

So for the first times, its okay if your mum starts stating figures off "The Yearly Road Accident Stats Book". Just be patient. If she thinks you ain't mature enough to be on your own, she's probably right, unless you're a fairytale heroin and your mom isn't your biological one and she hates you for if she didn't, there wouldn't be this fuckin story.. Yeah so I was saying.. Yeah you heed her advices and if you think you're big enough, then prove it kiddo... And be genuine.. It pays off.. Always..

Four - The Camping

So you've made it till here. You're already excited when, on your way, your friends tell you how awesome camping was, the last time was. Then there is bliss. You step in there for the first time. You take a look around. At this time, you surely look soo ridiculous. You look like Grace from Will and Grace on that episode where they were hunting for apartments. But this happens with everyone. You go check out the place. And you settle your stuff. Great now the fun begins.

For the next days, you will be on your owns. Everything there is to do, you shall do. You're probably gonna be drunk for most of the time spent there. But you will use a broom. Or even discover how to use it, as one of my friends. So now you're gonna be cooking your own food. You might think its gonna taste like boiled rats.. But no Sir, unless boiled rats taste good. Camping food is wrongly prepared, badly cooked or straight burnt but hell they taste good. And these days are like one single day of (24 x the no. of camping days) hours. Yeahhh.

So that's it for my review. I got to prepare my bag now. See you around. Take care and go camping. Houuuuuuraaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!!

Note to myself: Call my girlfriend more often when I'm there. :$

12 Response to 'MBB - Theme of the Week'

Post a Comment

  1. morinn Said,

    oooh great great great! now i wonder who is that lucky girlfriend huh? :P

    awesome review juv! :D it made me get a hell of a laugh. i love it! :P

     

  2. Antish G Said,

    nice post man!frantu!

     

  3. Anonymous Said,

    hmmmmmmmm..looking forward to that too j.!! :p

     

  4. Jevin Said,

    @ morinn
    that would be you.. :u

    @ antish
    thanks man.

    @ my camping bed-partner.
    to cner m twa. to nick la torr. btw this guy is my high school friend. lol

     

  5. MBB Said,

    Wonderful post! Really hilarious style of writing! :D

     

  6. Jevin Said,

    @ MBB

    Thank you. Sir.

     

  7. koonul Said,

    lolz

    Sa ene lepok moi aussi mo ti p bizin passe parla kan ena pou alle camper entre friends :P

    Mais astére mone reussi kone cuit pareille coumant manger mama LOL

     

  8. Anonymous Said,

    have a nice time camping!

     

  9. Nussaibah Said,

    Nice one =P Convincing mommy :P Pu moi, li pa laisse moi aller sans ene responsible adult accompanying :p

     

  10. Anonymous Said,

    Oh, you could also take that certain girl coug-morinn-cough camping. I'm sure she'll love the plants in the "wild".

     

  11. Jevin Said,

    Thanks for the comments peeps..

    Yeah manic that would be a good idea, but the Queen coug-morinn-cough will not want to sacrifice her comfy home for camping. lol

     

  12. morinn Said,

    ha! not at all! i would love to leave my comfy home to go camping! we could go camping in the forest next to my house. that way, if we need something it'll be easy to go back home and get it! hihi

     

 
Template designed by Jevin | Based on Minima template by Douglas Bowman xv7gwc2arb